Learning is in our DNA
Real Ideas has been working with schools, colleges and training providers for over 15 years, offering a range of support and services from CPD for teachers to curriculum development.
We also offer learning and enrichment activities and experiences for all ages, from children in Reception right through to learners in Further and Higher Education.
And with our campus of interesting and innovative workspace, we also offer a place for education professionals to meet, reflect, train and learn together beyond the school gates.Enquire now
Who we work with
We work with a wide range of schools colleges and training providers in Plymouth, Cornwall, Devon and the wider south west including:
We work with hundreds of schools across the south west, here’s what some of them had to say about their relationship with Real Ideas:
- Mount Wise Community Primary School – Immersive experiences in the Market Hall Dome ‘Thank you for bringing learning to life. Allowing us to create with a purpose and watching us shine. The Market Hall is a true asset to the community. Very lucky to have had the experience and captured such amazing outcomes.’
- St George’s CofE Primary School – creative curriculum activity at Ocean Studios ‘Thank you so much for everything this year. The relationship between school and Real Ideas/Ocean Studio is one we really value and which the children really benefit from. Long may it continue.’
- Trewirgie Junior School, part of our Schools for All Seasons cohort in Cornwall ‘Our Schools for All Seasons feast day was the absolute best day of my entire teaching career. I cannot wait to do the project next year all the way through the season. I loved every second of the day.’
- City College Plymouth, digital innovation and learning at Market Hall “Using the cutting-edge facilities at Market Hall we can provide our students with the higher digital skills that are required by employers. Our employer collaboration will also extend into digital product development and innovation being included in our training modules; essential elements as we continue to develop and use immersive technology as a teaching tool.”
Events, workshops and activities
We run a variety of immersive dome screenings and events for schools, colleges and training providers to book and attend, browse our events today to book a private dome screening or event!
- Dome Screenings: Awe-inspiring immersive content selected from our playlist by you to suit your curriculum needs. Ideal to create hooks into topics, to develop contextual knowledge and understanding, as a stimulus for vocabulary and writing, or just as a big slice of wow! Perfect for a wide range of curriculum areas.
- Dome in a Day: Hands-on film-making with 360 cameras that enables groups of up to 20 to explore and create with this cutting edge technology – and see their work on our 15 metre, 360 immersive dome by the end of the day! Ideal as a careers-focused or enrichment week activity.
- Opportunities Hacks: focused on accessing jobs within immersive tech and arts and creative sectors, these sessions are a chance for young people to speak to and question industry professionals about their future careers.
- Teacher CPD: sessions this autumn will draw on the outcome of the Paul Hamlyn Foundation funded Pens & Pixels project. These will include classroom practice with digital sound, simple animation and projection in the primary classroom.
We will also be delivering CPD opportunities across the arts curriculum, including visual arts, ceramics and print-making.
- Member meet ups for educators: termly opportunities to meet, share and explore across our themes of art and culture, immersive technologies and nature and neighbourhoods.
Find out more
- Meeting spaces to allow your team to step out, think, reflect and plan without distractions
- Teaching and learning spaces across Ocean Studios and Market Hall for delivering sessions, workshops and talks
- Conference and event spaces to inspire and engage beyond the school gates
- Exhibition spaces to show case students’ work
Expertise and support
Real Ideas has a strong track record in supporting educators to shape strategic direction, review curriculum design, and evaluate the impact of projects and innovations. We are effective in supporting the development of arts and cultural activity; in helping support emotional health and resilience through creative practice and trauma-informed approaches; embedding social enterprising approaches; and in shaping careers and skills provision and opportunities.
Current work includes:
- As Arts Council England’s Bridge Organisation for the south-west, we work with schools, youth settings and cultural organisations to connect young people with great arts and culture. We provide support, advice and guidance for Artsmark and Arts Award.
- Game Changer Schools: Careers and futures programmes for Y11 students who are not clear what is next for them and are struggling to find the focus, commitment, or confidence they need to flourish in their current studies.
- Digital Badges: support for schools and colleges to set and deliver non-accredited recognition of skills and activity.
- Schools For All Seasons: creative approaches to building emotional resilience and wellbeing through a seasonal and nature-based approach to curriculum activity. (link to landing page)
- Print In Action: our schools programme give nine schools access to teacher CPD, community workshops, sessions for children and kit box loan to support specialist delivery in school.
Access our support