What is Green Thinkers?
Green Thinkers is 6-week programme for 18-25 year olds living in Plymouth.
Through a range of learning activities and hands on work experience, young people will learn about working with green spaces, gain industry insight and develop the skills to secure a job that’s just right for them.
Participants will learn
- The benefits of urban green spaces for communities and the planet
- How to care for Plymouth’s green spaces – parks, farms and nature reserves
- Hands on practical skills such as tree first aid, planting and using tools to manage overgrowth
- How to transform disused spaces to increase biodiversity in cities
- Crucial skills for working in the 21st century – communication, research, organisation, relationship building and creative thinking.
The programme runs 2 days a week on a Mon & Tues 10am – 3pm and is based at Devonport Guildhall.
The next programme starts on the 13th June 2022 and we are taking referrals now.
To find out more and book your place, please contact 0330 223 4158 or email [email protected]Get support