Plymouth City Council has a further £800,000 of Additional Restrictions Grant (ARG) funding to distribute in grants to local businesses, helping them to recover from the impact of Covid-19.
As there is only a small amount of funding available, we will be prioritising certain businesses for support. The application process will only be open for a week, or until all of the funding has been allocated, so if eligible then you should apply as quickly as possible.
Eligibility and Prioritisation
Priority will be given to businesses with high fixed costs, that haven’t received any financial support for either of the national lockdowns in November 2020 and January to March 2021.
Businesses in the following sectors that have fixed costs of more than £500 a month, will be prioritised for support:
- Boat-based businesses, including businesses in the supply chain for the fishing and marine sector
- Childcare providers
- Businesses who supply music venues, weddings, events, hospitality, leisure and tourism
- Creative and event businesses who work from home, including freelance practitioners and consultants
- Businesses with packaged rent and rates who are in the retail, hospitality and leisure sectors and not eligible for the Restart Grant
The following additional eligibility criteria also applies and businesses must:
- Have been trading on or before 1 April 2021
- Be a micro or small business with less than 50 employees
- Have ongoing fixed monthly business costs in Plymouth (e.g. mooring fees, rent, rates, insurances, utilities, equipment rental)
- Have not exceeded state subsidy levels
- Have been significantly affected by Covid-19
- If a home-based business, must be registered with HRMC and provide their Company Unique Taxpayer Reference and a copy of their most recent tax return.