Beginners Halter-neck with Peter Pan collar
Summer Sewing For Teens:
Beginners Halter-neck Top with Peter Pan Collar – Making Project
Course Dates: 8th, 9th and 10th August 2022 – Mornings or Afternoons
(3 x 3 hour workshops)
Venue: Meeting Room • Ocean Studios • Royal William Yard 10am – 1pm or 2pm – 5pm
This course is a great entry into the art and craft of making your own clothes. Suitable for complete beginners and novices with some experience – suggested age range is 12 -16 years. All participants complete their making project by the end of the course.
How To Make Clothes courses are led by Jane Norris an experienced designer, pattern cutter and teacher. A fabulous holiday experience for creative young people who are interested in the craft of ‘making’ – and learning to create their own wardrobe of clothes.
• Learning to work with a commercially printed pattern designed for home garment making.
• Trying on the toiles – to visually assess a chosen size and recognise fitting tweaks.
• Preparing the cloth, laying out the pattern and cutting out the fabric.
• Using a domestic sewing machine with precision and confidence.
• An overlocker is used to professionally finish raw edges – induction provided.
• Construction techniques include: stay stitching, ease stitching, making darts, interfacing, boning, facings,
machine buttonholes and sewing on buttons.
Bring your own natural fibre woven cloth, matching thread and 4 x 12mm buttons.
For this style you will need approx: 1mt for bust sizes 291/2” – 34” and 1.1mts for bust sizes 36” – 44”. See full course details for more precise cloth requirements. Special offer for course participants at ‘Make at 140’ RWY – 10% of. (Open Wednesday to Sunday)
Everything else you’ll need is included in the course price – £110 Machines are provided (between two sharers),
though students are welcome to bring their own machines to enable confidence in future making projects at home.
Six places maximum. Bookings close on Sunday 31st July at midnight.
Email Jane for Full Course Details:
Further questions are welcomed – email: [email protected]
Mon 8th Aug
Photography Studio (Meeting Room)