How can the school communicate to the outside world the ethos, values and success of the school, so that their reputation is as good as their practice?
Brand and website
co-designed by pupils
June – December 2013
The RIO solution
RIO worked with the school in a holistic way, uncovering what the school really wanted to communicate, who they wanted to communicate to and what outcomes they wanted from the rebranding process.
We set up a pupil-led Communications and Marketing team who co-designed the branding, working with RIO and the graphic designers to come up with a new visual identity for the school.
Once the brand was signed off RIO also supported the school to commission a local design agency develop a new website for them.
Stats and Facts
- Entire school involvement including teachers, governors, pupils and parents
- Brand and website co-designed by pupils
- Students engaged with a local business to design the logo, brand and new website, as well as all marketing materials.
- Pupils set up and ran their own photo shoot and worked with the school to collect images for the new website
- The project earned the school valuable PR in the Plymouth Herald
- New messaging developed to clearly position the school following it’s ‘Excellent’ Ofsted rating
How The Project Was Received
“RIO have been extremely supportive and creative in helping us communicate our ethos and key messages with a new sense of clarity and purpose. I am particularly proud of the way our young students engaged in this project with enthusiasm and imagination. Their contribution has been crucial to its success and we can now all build on what we have achieved to help the school go from strength to strength.”Sue Jones Head Teacher at Pilgrim Primary School