Welcome to the Real Ideas Organisation community!
At Real Ideas we’re passionate about solving social problems.
From breathing new life into old buildings, to supporting young people to develop the skills to succeed in an ever-changing world, RIO innovates to deliver real and lasting social change.
By creating a change ecology – one where we influence policy, shape places, deliver strategic programmes and support and develop people – we can unlock potential and opportunities to create a fairer world; one that works for everyone, not just the privileged few.
We are excited to welcome you to our community and hope you can be part of our mission to make the world a little bit better!
What Real Ideas will do for you
Welcome to your personalised membership, which allows access to our services, buildings and experiences. We are looking forward to seeing you in our amazing spaces but please be aware that some membership levels only allow limited access to the shared areas.
In addition to providing co-working spaces, studios, lab and teaching space for our members, we want to grow our community. We hope you will share our creative workshops, mentoring and consultancy along with other exciting benefits.
The serious stuff
Billing and Cancellation
Once you’ve made the payment, you’ve entered into a 3-month agreement with Real Ideas.
We want it to be easy, so you don’t need to do anything once you’ve signed up and paid. The membership will be renewed automatically with no action required from you!
The technical bit:
- We use a recurring payment system through Stripe for debit and credit cards. They store all bank and card details, not us. All policies can be seen here
- We hope you don’t want to leave us but if you do, you need to cancel 1 month in advance to make sure the payment is cancelled correctly
- We don’t give refunds, but in some circumstances, we may give credit notes
- Sometimes at Real Ideas we will be excited to give special offers to new and/or existing customers. However, when we do this, offers are available on the discretion of Real Ideas and may not be open to everyone
- Real Ideas reserves the right to suspend, refuse or cancel your membership at any time without notice or explanation
- We also reserve the right to refuse access to anyone or any company with outstanding debt
We want everyone to enjoy their time working at Real Ideas spaces, so we’ve put together some ideas about how to work together. Please be a great co-worker so other members can get the most out of their experiences. Our culture is to share, not just the space but also our community, so we hope you are happy to be one of us!
- Please do not act in a way that we perceive as hateful or that may make others uncomfortable. Conversations you would hear in a pub may not be considered ok by us in a close-knit community
- Racism and sexism is not acceptable
- Please do not discriminate against anyone on the grounds of the following characteristics- age, sexual orientation, marital status or civil partnership, religion or belief, disability, pregnancy/maternity or gender reassignment
- Please keep your noise to a respectable level, so as not to disturb other people working
- You are responsible for the language and conduct of your team and guests
- Please help keep the space tidy, don’t leave mugs etc. on your workstation when you leave
- Please be careful of hot or smelly food in the shared spaces. This includes meeting rooms where other people would inherit your smells!
- Please take care using the kitchen equipment and cutlery. Coffee machines/kettles can be a hazard if not used with care
- No cooking equipment on the premises of any type without prior agreement. In particular, no toasters as these cause many fire alarms to go off!
- The kitchens are for today’s food, not storage. Please be aware we may bin anything out of date, uncovered or apparently abandoned
- Cancelling booking rooms 24 you may incur the agreed cost
- If you need to have a confidential conversation or are using confidential files, remember that other people may be able to hear or see you!
- Please look after your stuff. Real Ideas will take every effort to make our spaces safe, but we can’t watch your things
- You may not leave belongings on any workstation to reserve it
- Please make sure you don’t leave your property unattended or overnight at the premises
- Remember that any property brought onto the premises or left in a vehicle is at your own risk
- If you are unlucky and your personal property is lost or damaged (we hope not), no responsibility is accepted by Real Ideas
There may be alcohol in our spaces but please make sure you are not intoxicated.
Please don’t take any illegal drugs. Smoking and vapes are not allowed inside.
Health & Safety
Please take care of your own health and safety as much as possible, as well as of other persons who may be affected by your acts or omissions.
As a member you have a duty to co-operate with Real Ideas in complying with any duty or requirement concerning health and safety.
In particular, the individual must acquaint themselves with all the health, safety and fire rules and procedures in force on any sites where they are working.
Using your membership
- You must not allow any other person to use your account to access our services
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account details
- You agree not to impersonate any other person whilst using our services. You also agree not to conduct yourself in an offensive, unlawful, illegal, fraudulent, immoral or harmful manner whilst using our services
- You may not use our membership for illegal purposes or in any way that may harm our name or reputation
- At the discretion of Real Ideas, we may restrict who may enter our buildings for any reason, including members, guests and members of the team. This does not affect any bills due to you and no refund will be made
How to contact us
If you have any queries or if something has gone wrong, please email firstname.lastname@example.org