Digital Product Lead
Do you have a track record of delivering and managing customer-centric approaches to digital product development? Can you translate the needs and priorities of our strategic and operational teams, along with those of our customers, and use that insight to drive our platform forward? Are you an experienced digital product manager with enterprise skills and an agile background? If so, then you could be just what we’re looking for.
Real Ideas exists to solve problems and create opportunity; we do this through supporting people to start up and grow enterprises, by supporting young people to find their way into the world of work, and through creating exciting and transformative experiences and spaces for people to come together and connect.
Our newly launched membership offer is the route into our support and experiences for the majority of people we work with. We have developed an MVP membership platform and are now looking for a digital product manager to help us to take the platform to the next level and beyond to realise its full potential.
This role will lead the development of our membership platform, balancing commercial, customer and technical needs. You’ll be a core part of our team playing a key role which will enable us to scale our offer digitally, so that we can help, support and engage with more people, no matter where they are located in the UK and beyond.
You will have the curiosity to understand our customers and members’ needs and ensure they are reflected in the product roadmap. You’ll then deliver against that roadmap, taking full responsibility for the creation and execution of digital features.
- Develop and drive product roadmaps that are aligned with the company strategy
- Work with colleagues and members to improve the online portal user experience and develop the best possible processes, functionality, features and UI for future releases
- Own the relationship between the team and stakeholders, regularly meeting with key stakeholders to define priorities and update on progress
- Capture, understand, scope and document (sometimes complex) functional requirements
- Work with developers, graphic designers and marketing and membership colleagues to develop and roll out new product drops
- Resolve queries regarding our online platform/ membership portal e.g. about functionality, process, features, UX, access etc
- Take ownership of projects, problems and decisions relating to the digital platform
- Provide e-commerce and digital thought leadership to the business, owning the website and digital platform performance and measurement as well as influencing our tech stack, platform and system architecture
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Experience of developing digital customer journeys – ideally for products utilised in the context of enterprise, membership or subscription, and/or in a technical SaS delivery business
- A demonstrable track record of delivering a customer-centric approach to digital product development
- Solid and demonstrable experience defining and scoping digital functionality, user experience, and process flows
- Experience of developing successful product propositions and detailed business cases
- Results and outcome focussed and motivated by commercial success
- A self-starter using your initiative to spot problems, issues and roadblocks and take it upon yourself to find solutions
- Comfortable working with technical detail but also in translating technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Ability to prioritise and make trade off decisions independently and in conjunction with key stakeholders
- The ability to challenge and be challenged, in a constructive way, to achieve common goals
- You’ll be experienced at using Agile frameworks and keeping users at the heart of everything you do
- A good understanding of the requirements for the sale and marketing of digital products, including the ability to clearly articulate and demonstrate product features and benefits
- Strong visual creative skills, with the ability to brief and manage external creative agencies
- A natural collaborator with excellent communication skills, able to develop work and develop good relationships with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels across multiple locations
- Outstanding technical, analytical, and problem-solving abilities, along with an ability to collaborate cross-functionally
- Strong data manipulation and interpretation skills, including the ability to access and read diverse data sets and use them to inform decisions
- Proven ability to work accurately to deadlines and under pressure
- Ability to think strategically and implement short-term and longer-term departmental objectives
- Strong work ethic with a real commitment to continuous improvement
- Formal project management qualifications not required but a range of experience of working as part of a project team would be an advantage
- Interest in innovation, social enterprise and alternative economic models an advantage
Other Key Info
We are open to discussing flexible working options, including home working and part-time working, although we’re ideally looking for someone who can work full time.
Real Ideas is a social enterprise and an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all sections of the community.
Closing Date: 30th September 2020. Shortlisting will take place in early October with interviews in mid-October.
Start Date: ASAP
We hope you will also help us by downloading and completing an Equal Opportunities form*. The information you provide on this form will be used solely for monitoring purposes, will be treated with the utmost confidentiality and will not be taken into account when shortlisting.
*Please note, this is a Word document. If using iOS, you will need Pages installed, and it may not open or be editable on iPhones.