Are you interested in becoming involved in a movement to nurture and retain young local talent in Cornwall? Could your business provide access to real world virtual work experience opportunities, virtual work place tours, or online talks about life within the digital/tech sector in Cornwall?
We are offering the opportunity to become a leader in providing virtual work experience programmes within the digital/tech sector through the launch of our business innovation support package.
Real Ideas Organisation is launching a package of business support to a limited number of digital businesses in Cornwall and Plymouth to develop and deliver an innovative and meaningful virtual work experience offer to NEET (Not in Education, Employment or Training) young people in Cornwall and Isles of Scilly.
The Business Support Package Will Include:
- Face – face remote business support to help you to develop meaningful virtual work experience.
- Free access to Credly Acclaim licenses to issue digital badges and support to create these.
- Up to £1000 to support the resource required to create and provide feedback on work experience challenges.
We are seeking expressions of interest from digital and tech businesses based in Cornwall and Plymouth or who have a remote workforce that could include these locations who are able to offer NEET young people aged 15-25 from across Cornwall / Isles of Scilly an insight into life within the digital sector in the South West. Successful applications will be required to create a remote work experience package to be offered to a minimum of 4 young people from the Game Changer Project.
Virtual Work Experience Offer Must Include:
- An accessible selection process for interested young people.
- A remote working challenge designed to help young people gain the skills most valued within your businesses recruitment process.
- Constructive feedback to young people following the completion of the challenge.
- A virtual workplace tour (if applicable).
- Interactions from staff across your business detailing what it is like to work within the digital sector in Cornwall and beyond, as well as how they began working within the sector.
- Successful applicants must also need to demonstrate a commitment to recruitment to junior positions in the next 12 months (this will not be binding).
- Successful applicants will need to enter into a formal Provision of Service contract with Real Ideas to deliver the work experience package
Please send expressions of interest of no more than 1000 words including how many young people could be supported, costs and what outcomes you believe this would produce for young people to Edward.email@example.com
Closing date for expressions of interest Monday 20th July 9am.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted from 27th July.
Your contact details will be processed in line with Real Ideas data protection policy.