As an organisation we always try and do the right thing. Sometimes the right thing is also the hard thing, and during this time of global crisis we are having to make some tough decisions to keep the people we work with, and the people who work for us, safe.
Let’s start with the positive – there are lots of things we can and will keep doing, (just you try and stop us!)
We will continue to:
- Keep working (albeit remotely)
- Offer support by text, email and phone to the young people on our programmes and to the social entrepreneurs, creatives and community businesses we work with
- Step up and offer our help and support to those who need it
- Keep positive and upbeat and look for examples of awesome things happening in this time of crisis. We might even share a few of our favourites across our social feeds as little rays of light from our screen to yours.
Just for the moment we are going to have to:
- Temporarily close all of our buildings until further notice. Rest assured we will keep updated with Government guidance and reopen to our community, tenants, guests and friends just as soon as it is safe to do so.
- Stop running face to face or group sessions on our Game Changer, Generation E and Ambitions programmes after Thursday 19 March
These are unprecedented times and we are following all the guidance and making the best decisions we can, in everyone’s interest. We hope to reopen cafés and restart face to face support sessions as soon as it is safe to do so. We’ll keep you updated on our website www.realideas.org and our social feeds as to when that might be
It’s never been more important to care about each other, we really are all in this together, so if there is anything you need from us, or think we can help, do get in touch through our website, our social feeds or by calling 0330 223 4158. Don’t be a stranger, we really would love to hear from you.
Till then take very good care of yourselves and your loved ones, from all the team at Real Ideas xxx