Would you like to support the next generation of the games industry workforce?
Could your business provide access to real-world virtual work experience opportunities, virtual workplace tours or online talks about life within the games industry?
Real Ideas is an innovative and creative social enterprise. We work with young people seeking work, as well as on ground-breaking digital and immersive projects across the south west and much more.
We want to work with innovative games studios to create exciting remote work experience opportunities for young people in Cornwall or Isles of Scilly as part of UK Games Careers Week.
We are seeking to commission work experience opportunities for NEET (not in education, employment or training) young people on our Game Changer programme and will launch these opportunities during UK Games Careers week (26th Mar – 2nd Apr 2021).
We are seeking expressions of interest from Games industry businesses who can offer opportunities to NEET young people who are on the Game Changer Project and are based in Cornwall / Isles of Scilly.
You will need to show how you are able to offer NEET young people aged 15-25 from across Cornwall / Isles of Scilly an insight into life within the games sector.
Successful applications will:
· Be required to create a remote work experience package to be offered to a minimum of 4 young people from Game Changer Project.
· Have access to a business support package to help them design and deliver a work experience offer, including up to £1000 to cover the costs to the business.
· Need to enter into a formal provision of service contract with Real Ideas to deliver the work experience package.
· Be invited to present their work experience opportunities and how to access them to prospective applicants via a webinar during UK Games Careers Week – Date tbc.
We will enable participating companies to provide digital badges to the young people who take part in the work experience opportunities.
Virtual Work Experience Offer must include:
· An accessible selection process for interested young people.
· A remote working challenge designed to help young people gain the skills most valued within your business’s recruitment process.
· Constructive feedback to young people following completion of the challenge.
· A virtual workplace tour (if applicable).
· Interactions from staff across your business detailing what it is like to work within the games sector in Cornwall and beyond, as well as how they began working within the sector.
Successful applicants will need to have a stated intention to create a junior post within 12 months of work experience happening.
Please send expressions of interest of no more than 1,000 words including how many young people could be supported, costs and what outcomes you believe this would produce for young people.
Closing date for expressions of interest 12th March 2021 9am
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted from 16th March.
Your contact details will be processed in line with Real Ideas data protection policy.