The Real Ideas Organisation is looking for an Audio Visual company based in the South West to provide AV and digital solutions to our campus of buildings.
We are custodians of five buildings in Plymouth, Liskeard and Newquay, two of which are current renovation projects. They include Devonport Guildhall, Ocean Studios, CSpace, Market Hall and Liskeard Library.
We’re shaping our spaces for members, programme and experiences and have developed a ‘blueprint’ for the campus of buildings. We’re creating spaces that provide:
- Flexible workspaces for members and staff across our campus of buildings
- Playful and creative spaces; including exhibition spaces, immersive spaces, retail offer
- Meeting and event spaces that are consistent in look and feel across our buildings – reliable equipment that is easy to access, clean, well provisioned, easy to book
- Food offer – a café that services our buildings with baked goods, exceptional coffee and outstanding service
When members and visitors enter a Real Ideas space, we want to create a sense of familiarity and welcome. Each space has an identity of its own with features that make it special; from artist studios and making spaces to creative and immersive technology, and from grand and architecturally significant to contemporary and innovative. It’s important to us that our spaces are fit for purpose, that they enable creativity and collaboration and include everything you’d expect from a building that’s operated by a multi-dimensional and adaptable social enterprise.
We’re looking for audio visual solutions including:
- Projectors for presentation, creative art-based projects and immersive experiences
- Public address and sound solutions for live events and announcements
- Audio visual screens for presentation, to share information, for collaboration and video broadcasting – with options for interactivity
- Podcasting and video equipment
We’re a positive, creative and innovative group of people at Real Ideas, so the look and feel of our buildings needs to reflect this. We really value inclusion so our equipment must also be accessible to a range of different users.
This brief below outlines an overarching ambition for AV and digital solutions across our campus. We’re looking for expressions of interest from businesses to become our preferred suppliers and providers. We don’t have all the answers so we’re interested to hear from companies with new ideas and a fresh approach to technology.
We’d like your proposal to demonstrate experience and expertise that covers:
- Advice and guidance for purchasing options linked to procurement of new equipment
(we intend to lease as much as practicable)
- Ability to train Real Ideas staff and members
- Ability to source, install and operate new equipment on an ongoing basis alongside our IT provider
- Experience of working in heritage and listed buildings
- Experience of delivering live events and experiences
Real Ideas will embed the principles of sustainability throughout its procurement activities to ensure that only value for money products and services are selected. In all cases a balanced consideration of the social, ethical, environmental, and economic impacts will be undertaken.
Deadline for proposals: Friday 15th January 2021, 5pm sent to [email protected]